Terms & Conditions
These are for the general benefit of everyone staying at or visiting the Park and should be strictly adhered to by anyone entering the properties. In the conditions ‘Owner’ relates to the Park Owner, or their authorized agent, ‘Occupier’ to the person occupying a unit at the park, ‘Unit’ to any static caravan, lodge, touring caravan, motorhome, tent or such like. Offenders will be required to comply or leave without redress or refund.
- Only units i.e. tents, motorized caravans, and caravans of proprietary manufacture and which conform to the definitions contained in the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960, the Caravan Sites Act 1968 Mobile Home Act 1975 and comply to current British Standards are accepted. Tents, Touring Caravans, Motor Homes must not be stationed between Caravan Holiday Homes.
- Units must be kept in sound and clean condition: decoration and external colour must be maintained to a reasonable standard. Wheels should not be removed, nor the unit re-positioned without permission. No external alteration of or addition to the unit or pitch is permitted without the prior approval of the Owner.
- Occupiers are responsible for the cleanliness of the Pitch. They must also keep the area underneath the unit clear. Any garden areas, where permitted, must be kept neat and tidy. Littering is unacceptable.
- The unit may only be used for holiday purposes by the Occupiers and members of their permanent household, immediate family and bona fide guests, the latter staying no more than 5 days only and in any event, including day visitors, for the occupation by such number of persons as shall not exceed the specified number of berths. Sub-letting of any kind is not permitted.
- Occupiers are responsible for ensuring both electrical and gas installations and appliances comply at all times with the requirements of the Institution of Electrical Engineers and/or other appropriate Authorities. All units must be properly earthed.
- The Occupier should not permit waste water to be discharged upon the ground. The use of hoses is forbidden, except in the case of fire.
- On the Holiday Park electricity service supply to pre 1994 caravan holiday homes is intended as a lighting circuit, maximum load 6 amps. It is not to be used for any heating appliances, including kettles and toasters. The use of TV·s and fridges is a concession. New caravan holiday homes supplied since 1994, 6 amp supply. Voltage and regularity of supply is not guaranteed. Holiday home owners are responsible for electric supply from exterior meter box.
- Occupiers are responsible that all household refuse is deposited in approved containers which must not be overfilled.
- Any form of noise, including musical instruments, record players, radios, other appliances and motor vehicles must not be allowed to cause nuisance to others, especially between the hours of 9.00pm and 8.00 am. quietness is essential.
- Please drive all vehicles carefully on the Park not exceeding the speed limits of 10 m.p.h. Vehicles should be kept to authorized parking spaces and to the roads which must not be obstructed. Vehicles must be taxed and insured as required by law and drivers must hold a current driving license and insurance. Disused vehicles must be removed from the Park. The parking of commercial vehicles is forbidden. One car only may be parked between adjoining caravans provided that the door to the caravan is not obstructed.
- Boats, storage sheds, fuel bunkers, fences or other structures are not permitted, without written approval of the Owner.
- The planting of trees and shrubs is subject to the Owner’s prior approval of types and position. Trees and shrubs may not be cut down, removed or damaged. Any form of vandalism is unacceptable.
- Washing lines are not permitted. Washing in the open may only be hung in the permitted areas.
- Pets, where permitted at the Owner’s discretion must be kept under proper control and not allowed to despoil the Park. Dogs must be kept on a lead within the Holiday Home & Touring areas and positively not allowed to foul these areas.
- The Occupier is responsible for the conduct of children in his/her custody and of visitors. Please ensure they respect the privacy and tranquility and are kept to a low profile between 9pm and 8am. It is essential children are never without proper, responsible parental or guardian supervision. Ball games, cycling & any other activities likely to disturb others are not permitted within the Holiday Home and Touring Site areas.
- It is forbidden to carry offensive weapons or other objects likely to give offence on the Park, or to interfere with or disturb any flora or fauna on the Park.
- Everyone using the Park is required to comply with the regulations of the site license, water authority or any other Statutory Authority.
- Access is not permitted to vacant Building materials or other plant must be left undisturbed.
- No commercial enterprise, club or business activities may take place on the Park, other than that authorized in writing by the Owner.
- Unpaid accounts will be liable to disconnection of any services after reasonable notice. Reconnection will only be made after payment in full of outstanding amounts, payment of reconnection charge and security deposit.
- When unoccupied, awnings and gazebos must be taken down.
- To protect existing customers, the property and because a sited unit has an added value attributable to the Park, Site Licenses are neither transferable nor refundable unless written agreement has currently been reached with the Owner. In event of sale and/or transfer on the Park, the Owner reserves the right to charge 15% transfer on gross sale value, including the Caravan Holiday Home itself plus any extras and any Site License apportionments, on units under 15 years old and 20% on units 15 years and over. Transfer reduced to 10% between £10,000 and £20,000 and 71¼2% over £20,000. VAT is levied on transfer charges. Estimated Age limit 15 years, 20 years on new caravan holiday homes manufactured since 1994 and 25 years on caravan holiday homes manufactured since 2012. Neither refund nor apportionment on site licenses after September 1st.
- Units on sites where the license has not been paid in full by the due date and Units not eligible for sited transfer upon expiration of the current license are required to be removed from the Park Owners property within 28 days whether given formal notice or not. Failure to comply will leave the Park Owner no alternative other than to remove, scrap or dispose of the unit, at the Occupiers risk and expense. If necessary auctioning the unit and/or lodging a further claim for damages and loss of earnings. Remaining on our property incurs standing charge of £400 plus VAT per calendar month or part month.
- Non-emergency use of emergency phone numbers incurs £100 charge.
- Occupiers must ensure their unit has valid, at least third party, liability insurance cover with a reputable insurer. Fully Comprehensive cover is strongly advised.
- Management reserve the right to refuse admission to this property, to cancel any Tourer/Motor Home/Tent Booking at any time without giving reason and without redress but refunding net credit.
- In absence of any negligence by Cakes & Ale Ltd. USE OF FACILITIES IS ENTIRELY AT USERS RISK. THE OWNERS ACCEPT NO LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS DAMAGE OR ACCIDENT.
Competition Terms & Conditions can be found here